Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Area 51a: Duct Work

Dear Journal,

I’m on my eleventh straight day of working double shift.  I haven’t even gotten so much as a lunch break.  I keep asking Mr. Aronson when he’s going to hire another evening shift guy, and he keeps telling me that he’s looking at applicants.  It wasn’t his fault that the screeching fang worm dragged Ricky into the air vent last week, I know that, but he sure is taking his sweet time getting me some more help.

At Mr. Aronson’s insistence I called another exterminator to try and kill the worm.  I told him it would turn out the same as it always does, but he just gave me an earful about legal liability and having to make sure we exhaust all possible blah blah blah.  He’s just covering his ass in case Ricky’s family tries to sue.  And just like I said would happen, the worm dragged the exterminator into the air shaft, screaming the whole way.  The worm was screaming, I mean.  The exterminator was surprisingly quiet, mostly just whimpering.  Not like Ricky.

Randy from the Creature Research lab told me the worm was purposely designed with a missing protein string, and that it should die naturally within the next week or so, so I’m not going to get too fussy about it.  I’ll just tell Mr. Aronson that the exterminator guy killed it, just like I told him that the OSHA guy determined that working conditions were safe.  He screamed loudest of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment